What’s included in the Individual Professional and General Liability Insurance Policy?
- $5,000,000 Professional Liability – Which is any claim brought forth through your actions or non-actions. For example: you cause injury to a third party during the course of your professional service.
- $5,000,000 Commercial General Liability – Which is any claim brought forth by bodily injury or property damage you cause to a third party, and for situations that are not in your control. For example if someone were to slip and fall coming to your appointment.
- $500,000 Tenants Legal Liability – Damage you may cause to premises you rent or occupy. This insurance applies to property damage caused by fire, explosion, smoke or leakage from fire protective equipment to the rented premise. It does not cover your equipment.
- $25,000 Legal Expense Coverage – Applies to allegations of sexual, physical, or verbal abuse. This coverage will reimburse you for legal expenses in the defense of an allegation, provided you plead not guilty and are found not guilty. Excluding criminal defence costs. Claims must be reported within 60 days of being notified of an allegation.
- $10,000 Criminal Defense Cost Reimbursement -Applies to allegations of sexual, physical, or verbal abuse. This coverage will reimburse you for legal expenses in the defense of an allegation, provided you plead not guilty and are found not guilty. Claims must be reported within 60 days of being notified of an allegation.
- $10,000 Office Protection – Provides you with a basket of coverage’s including: business equipment, business interruption, glass, property in transit to name a few.
- $25,000 in Gross Annual Sales– Allows protection on products sold up to sales limit. Products must relate to your modalities.
- Legal Guard-24/7 Telephone access to legal information service for questions relating to your business
- We can insure over 365 modalities, with the majority free of charge, for example Reiki, Yoga, and Reflexology, to name a few.
This policy is an OCCURRENCE BASED FORM which means claims are covered when they occur during the policy term, regardless of when they are reported. For example if you stop paying for an occurrence based policy when you stop practicing, you will still have coverage for when you WERE practicing, no matter when the actual claim is reported.
This is for information only. If you would like the full policy wordings please click here:
- Comp Health Wordings (Please note this is a large file 8MB)